Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday/Bad Friday

Well we (me, Emma, and mom) all went to Good Friday services at church today, and then went to the live Way of the Cross at St. Mary's Catholic Church this evening (see yesterday's post, Holy Thursday Pilgrimage). Good Friday services went fine, but the Way of the Cross was a major disappointment. First of all, it didn't get started until like 5:15. Then, it was entirely in Spanish, which wouldn't be too bad, since we all know the basic storyline, except that we couldn't hear hardly any of it, and I couldn't even get close enough to get decent pictures (even by holding my phone above my head). Then, I thought we were just going around the block with it, expecting it to last an hour, tops. We finally bailed during the 4th Station of the Cross, 45 minutes (and quite a bit of walking) into it. One bright spot is that we ran into a couple other homeschool families while we were there, so Emma got to hang out with her friends for awhile.

Here are a few pictures I did manage to get:
The Sanhedrin
 
Jesus being questioned by the Sanhedrin (and smacked - quite a lot!)

Taken to Pontius Pilate
 
"Barabbas, Barabbas!"

Scourging at the Pillar (tree)

Back to Pilate

"Behold the Man"

Carrying the Cross

One of the thieves carrying his wood behind Jesus - the start of a very long procession


Then, as if remembering what Our Lord went through, and that very disappointing Way of the Cross weren't bad enough, on the way home, my low tire-pressure alert in the car came on. We made it home, in the garage, got out of the car, and you could actually hear it hissing. Not a good sign. Yeah, the tire was completely trashed, and will have to be replaced (with what money?).

And, to top it all off, I walked a few steps in the house, and the necklace I ALWAYS wear (with my Miraculous Medal and Crucifix) broke. Can't be fixed. I might be fortunate enough to find another chain laying around the house. Although, with my luck lately, probably not.

Anyway, I hope your Good Friday went better than mine. And, yes, Holy Thursday OBVIOUSLY won favorite day of the year, at least liturgically.

God Bless!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment