Sunday, April 20, 2014

Beautiful Poem from a Beautiful Friend

A wonderful friend of mine from Facebook wrote this poem for me after she learned of my miscarriage. Since I lost tiny Charlotte, I've been thinking of doing a collage or treasure box or something of the few mementos I have to remember her by. This would definitely be in whatever I end up making. This dear friend of mine is so special, she credits Our Lord with these poems, instead of taking the glory for herself. I love this poem very much, and will treasure it always. I share it here in case some of my readers have also lost a child (or children), as maybe this will give them some comfort too.
 
 
Dana
 
 
 
FOR MY FRIEND, DANA, WHEN SHE IS READY TO SEE THIS.

LOSS SO GREAT

THE PAIN THAT PIERCES
TO THE SOUL
O, LORD, I OFFER THEE

PLEASE TAKE MY HAND
AND LEAD ME FROM...
THIS PLACE OF AGONY

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND
THE PAIN
WHY LOSS SO GREAT MUST BE

YET IN MY SOUL
I TRUST THAT YOU
WILL ONE DAY HELP ME SEE

THE SORROW LURKING
'NEATH MY BREAST
I CANNOT BEAR ALONE

SO, HOLD ME CLOSE
REMIND ME, LORD
OF THE LOVE THAT YOU HAVE SHOWN

THEN I WILL RISE
FROM THIS DARK PLACE
INTO THY LIGHT OF LOVE

FOR I KNOW MY CHILD
IS HOME WITH YOU
IN HEAVEN UP ABOVE

THANK YOU, LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment