Monday, March 3, 2014

God, Give Me Strength!!

I found out today that our big evaluation that we did recently didn't go nearly as well as we thought. Apparently, the evaluator got the impression that Chocolate Chip is quite comfortable and well-adjusted in her current arrangement, and the evaluator does not support a change in custody. My heart dropped to my stomach when I read that.

There are other factors, of course - the fact that she has a sister now (Emma), that she didn't have when we lost custody 6 years ago; plus all the different things that her father has done to hinder my relationship with her. Still, my lawyer says these evaluations weigh heavily on the court's decision. I know that God works all things for the good, and that He only gives us what we can handle. I just wish He didn't have quite so much faith in me...I mean, can't I get a break?! Please???!!!

Please, God, give me the strength to endure the coming storm, and if at all possible, let this pass from me, and let my baby come home. Yet, not as I will, but as You Will.

Amen.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment