Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Mom, the Catholic!

Well, after three years of waiting, hoping, and praying, my mother entered fully into the Church last night at Easter Vigil, and recieved her first Holy Communion! It was the most beautiful Mass I've ever been to! If you ever have the opportunity to go to an Easter Vigil Mass in the Extraordinary Form, you really should. All of the symbolism, and reverence was just breathtaking. We started off the Mass for about the first hour and a half with just the light from handheld candles, then at the Gloria, the statues were all uncovered, the lights came on, the bells rang, incense filled the air, it was amazing!



 
Believe it or not, this was the best picture I got of her Confirmation.


 
Here's my mother recieving her first Holy Communion while wearing the veil I made for her.
 
 
I wish I could have gotten a better picture of her Confirmation, but it was really dark, and my phone doesn't have a flash. I thought they would have someone to take pictures, so I didn't think to bring something with a flash. It was still a beautiful, amazing night, and I'm so happy that I'm not the only Catholic in my family anymore. God is Good! Happy Easter!!!
 
 
Dana

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful experience for her! So many abundant graces received during the capturing of this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so beautiful, by far the coolest Mass I've ever witnessed!

    ReplyDelete